Spindle Enabled

Use, set up, assembly help, and any other GRBLDuino related questions or comments.
revtmyers

Spindle Enabled

Post by revtmyers »

Just wondering if there is a trick to getting the spindle enabled to work. Mist and Flood work perfectly fine, and if there is an issue I can just attach a relay to one of them to turn the spindle on/off. When I try to turn it on via the console, using UGS, I get no feedback on the console and if I use a multimeter on the board I get no voltage. Any ideas? Very new to this. Thanks.
revtmyers

Re: Spindle Enabled

Post by revtmyers »

Well just figured it out. I didn't realize you had to include the spindle speed with the on/off toggle command. I.e. M3 S1000 just in case someone else comes along looking for help as well. Really love this shield.
revtmyers

Post by revtmyers »

I guess the only thing I cannot figure out is toggling the spindle override doesn't seem to have any effect, unlike toggling the mist and flood overrides which work just as I would expect. So if anyone does have some insight into this I would appreciate it. Thanks.
EccentricWorkshop
Admin

Post by EccentricWorkshop »

I don't have any helpful information other than it may be a GRBL behavior or within UGS itself. I do my testing with Candle and the spindle toggle works as expected. It may very well be sending the speed along with the command though.

Overall, I haven't been too impressed with UGS when I use it for testing. That's really the only use it gets from me.
--------------------
Andy
Eccentric Workshop
Store - Tindie - eBay