Estlcam and GrblDuino Lite

Use, set up, assembly help, and any other GRBLDuino related questions or comments.
Lunger

Estlcam and GrblDuino Lite

Post by Lunger »

I recently purchased a GrblDuino Lite to go with my Arduino Mega. However, after digging around to find out what settings to use for the pin outs in Estlcam I realized that neither the layout for Grbl v1.1 nor the Mega option have the same pin layouts listed for the GrblDuino Lite schematic, which is listed in a previous post. I can't change the pin layout in Estlcam so my question is, "Did I just purchase a paper weight?"
Lunger

Re: Estlcam and GrblDuino Lite

Post by Lunger »

Well Christian got back to me with the bad news....Estlcam is not compatible with GrblDuino. So now I have an expensive new paper weight. Anyone want to buy a never used GrblDuino to hold down papers?
Lunger

Post by Lunger »

After sorting through cpu.map.h file,the schematic pin layout seems to match the grbl version I have loaded. While I can't use Estlcam for the controller I can still generate the g-code from it and use UGS as the controller and be fine. Not what I had hoped for but nothing to really complain too much about. At least I don't have to crimp anymore 2.54 Dupont connectors anymore!
EccentricWorkshop
Admin

Post by EccentricWorkshop »

The Arduino Uno products use the standard GRBL 1.1 pinout which has been in use for several years now. It is compatible with any other standard G code sender or GRBL compatible software. The underlying issue is estlcam runs it's own custom firmware rather than interface with GRBL and it is based on the pinout of the old version of GRBL rather than being updated to the current.

I just realized you may be talking about the Mega Lite version. In this case, you are correct, it is a 6 axis product and requires a different version of GRBL and a different pinout to support the functionality. The pinouts are mostly the same as the GRBL 1.1 mega version but have been adjusted just a bit to build support for the additional axes which means it must be run with a specific compatible version of the modified GRBL firmware. The 6 axis products are based on the firmware developed/modified by dguerizec (https://github.com/dguerizec/grbl-Mega-4axis) as there weren't any other good choices for functional or recent versions.
--------------------
Andy
Eccentric Workshop
Store - Tindie - eBay