GrblDuino ?'s

Use, set up, assembly help, and any other GRBLDuino related questions or comments.
animal12

GrblDuino ?'s

Post by animal12 »

I have a V2 shield , what Grbl will this work with ? I am also hoping to use off-board TB6600 stepper drivers . will this work ? if so how do how do I set it up?
thanks animal
EccentricWorkshop
Admin

Re: GrblDuino ?'s

Post by EccentricWorkshop »

All of my products were designed around GRBL 1.1f. They'll likely work with 1.1h but I have not tested it and don't want to point people towards potential problems. Also, none support the self-squaring gantry feature - take the time to build a solid and square machine rather than relying on tricks to force the structure into alignment and risk damage.

The Uno Shield has sockets for the onboard A4988 or DRV8825 drivers but you can run jumper wires from the correct spots for step, direction, and enable to your external TB6600 drivers. If you take a look at the last page of the attached datasheet (center of the page, labeled A4988 Carrier), you can see the enable pin is the first one/top on the left 1x8 header. Step and direction are the bottom two in the same left 1x8 header with direction being the bottom one and step being the next one up.
Attachments
GRBLDuino Uno Shield V2 Datasheet v1.1.pdf
GRBLDuino Uno Shield V2 Datasheet
(337.78 KiB) Downloaded 522 times
GRBLDuino Uno Shield V2 Datasheet v1.1.pdf
GRBLDuino Uno Shield V2 Datasheet
(337.78 KiB) Downloaded 522 times
--------------------
Andy
Eccentric Workshop
Store - Tindie - eBay