Getting GRBL Flashed to Mega 2560

Use, set up, assembly help, and any other GRBLDuino related questions or comments.
fitter11

Getting GRBL Flashed to Mega 2560

Post by fitter11 »

I have been having issues getting GRBL to flash successfully to a Mega 2560 with the Mega Lite V1 board. I have not even gotten to the point that I've been able to test the board. I've tried both loading the hex file with X-Loader and the Arduino IDE and cannot get the sketch to load to the Mega 2560. Everything seems to go fine, the Rx and Tx lights flash and the sketch compiles and uploads without issues but GRBL doesn't work. when I use UGS, it shows being connected to the board but the controls are greyed out. i have tried everything that i can glean from these forums and the web in general and I'm at wits end. Can anyone help? I'm guessing it's something simple that I'm overlooking. Thanks in advance!!
EccentricWorkshop
Admin

Re: Getting GRBL Flashed to Mega 2560

Post by EccentricWorkshop »

Have you tried using something other than UGS? I've not had much luck with it so I've used Candle or one of the other alternatives. Without knowing more, it sounds like a bad Arduino or bad connection to it.

If other software doesn't work, do you have another Arduino you can try?
--------------------
Andy
Eccentric Workshop
Store - Tindie - eBay
fitter11

Re: Getting GRBL Flashed to Mega 2560

Post by fitter11 »

I will try a different cable and different software when I return to the project. I did try and use the inventables online controller, which I had used with a pre-loaded CNC board with success but no results with the 2560. I do have another arduino that I'll try also. Quite new to building my on controller, I may be in over my knowledge. But I'm going to keep trying. It's got to be something simple I'm missing. I will keep you update because I'm sure I'll need more help, but even if I don't, I'll send some pictures and let you know how things turn out. Thank you very much in taking the time to reply to my inquiry.